Child Australia’s online courses offer an expanding digital library of online self-paced courses. These courses suit: educational institutions, schools, child care settings and parents. Our self-paced courses are completed within your own time! You may participate and work through the materials in the way that best suits you and your lifestyle. There is a peer-to-peer chat cafe to extend and share your knowledge and minor review questions to complete the course and embed learning. A Certificate of Achievement is awarded on completion of each course.
Course Overview: (suitable for all sector types)
The Rethinking Supervision Self-paced Course will discuss why supervision is so critically important in the various education and care settings. It covers:
1. What supervision really means and what the action of supervision looks like when being done well.
2. The challenges when supervising children and how rethinking supervision can make many of those challenges disappear.
1. Defining ‘Supervision’
2. The action of skilled supervision
3. Assess challenges that are associated with supervising children
4. Intentionally plan for these challenges so that they are manageable.
Links to the National Quality Standard
|Domains of Teaching||Standards||Link to NQF, EYLF and MTOP|
|Professional Knowledge||1. Know students and how they learn
2. Know the content and how to teach it
|NQA 1, 3, 5, 6
EYLF/MTOP 1, 3
|Professional Practice||3. Plan for and implement effective teaching and learning
4. Create and maintain supportive and safe learning environments
5. Assess, provide feedback and report on student learning
|NQA 1, 2, 3, 5, 6 & 7
EYLF/MTOP 1, 2, 4
|Professional Engagement||6. Engage in professional learning
7. Engage professionally with colleagues, parents/ carers, and the community
|NQA 1, 4, 5, 6, 7
EYLF/MTOP 1, 4