Child Australia’s online courses offer an expanding digital library of online self-paced courses. These courses suit: educational institutions, schools, child care settings and parents. Our self-paced courses are completed within your own time! You may participate and work through the materials in the way that best suits you and your lifestyle. There is a peer-to-peer chat cafe to extend and share your knowledge and minor review questions to complete the course and embed learning. A Certificate of Achievement is awarded on completion of each course.
The Effective Transitions Online Self-paced Course aims to provide practical strategies that can be implemented to support children through times of change. Participants explore what ‘effective transitions’ look like and how change can impact on a child’s emotions and behaviour. Participants will learn how to develop a child’s concept of time in relation to transitions and explores resources and strategies for best practice that support children during transitions.
Links to the Quality Areas
- Identify a range of transitions that occur in a child’s day.
- Describe the importance of building relationships with children and families to ensure effective transitions.
- Describe how stress and anxiety associated with change can impact on a child.
- Identify how to support children learning to manage times of change successfully.
- Identify opportunities for successful transitions in current day-to-day interactions, activities and routines.
|Domains of Teaching||Standards||Link to NQF, EYLF and MTOP|
|Professional Knowledge||1. Know students and how they learn
2. Know the content and how to teach it
|NQA 1, 3, 5, 6
EYLF/MTOP 1, 3
|Professional Practice||3. Plan for and implement effective teaching and learning
4. Create and maintain supportive and safe learning environments
5. Assess, provide feedback and report on student learning
|NQA 1, 2, 3, 5, 6 & 7
EYLF/MTOP 1, 2, 4
|Professional Engagement||6. Engage in professional learning
7. Engage professionally with colleagues, parents/ carers, and the community
|NQA 1, 4, 5, 6, 7
EYLF/MTOP 1, 4