Child Australia’s online courses offer an expanding digital library of online self-paced courses. These courses suit: educational institutions, schools, child care settings and parents. Our self-paced courses are completed within your own time! You may participate and work through the materials in the way that best suits you and your lifestyle. There is a peer-to-peer chat cafe to extend and share your knowledge and minor review questions to complete the course and embed learning. A Certificate of Achievement is awarded on completion of each course.
The Programming in Practice Online Self-paced Course aims to make visible an understanding of how a service philosophy guides visible program planning and practice.
- Reflective practice will be addressed with opportunities to explore how pedagogical documentation informs decision making.
- To understand the programming and planning cycle from an emerging Early Years and middle childhood approach.
- De-constructing the Early Years Framework, National Quality Framework, Kinder curricula and Australian Professional Teaching standards.
- To share best practice strategies whilst making learning visible with Inclusive practice for educators, Families and children.
Links to the Quality Areas
Links to the Early Years Learning Framework
Outcome 1: Children have a strong sense of identity
Outcome 2: Children are connected with and contribute to their world
Outcome 3: Children have a strong sense of wellbeing
Outcome 4: Children are confident and involved learners
Outcome 5: Children are effective communicators
|Domains of Teaching||Standards||Link to NQF, EYLF and MTOP|
|Professional Knowledge||1. Know students and how they learn
2. Know the content and how to teach it
|NQA 1, 3, 5, 6
EYLF/MTOP 1, 3
|Professional Practice||3. Plan for and implement effective teaching and learning
4. Create and maintain supportive and safe learning environments
5. Assess, provide feedback and report on student learning
|NQA 1, 2, 3, 5, 6 & 7
EYLF/MTOP 1, 2, 4
|Professional Engagement||6. Engage in professional learning
7. Engage professionally with colleagues, parents/ carers, and the community
|NQA 1, 4, 5, 6, 7
EYLF/MTOP 1, 4