Lost for Words Consultations ($90 per hour)
This topic aims to provide an overview of children’s language and speech development. It explores the difference between language and speech, as well as typical development of language and how to identify children who may have language difficulties. Strategies for supporting language development in children will be explored.
- Describe the differences between speech and language.
- Understand the typical progression of speech and language development.
- Use the tools provided to identify children who are experiencing difficulties with speech and/or language.
- Use some general strategies for supporting language development in your everyday work.
- Set age-appropriate activities to encourage speech and language development.
Links to the National Quality Standard
|Domains of Teaching||Standards||Link to NQF, EYLF and MTOP|
|Professional Knowledge||1. Know students and how they learn
2. Know the content and how to teach it
|NQA 1, 3, 5, 6
EYLF/MTOP 1, 3
|Professional Practice||3. Plan for and implement effective teaching and learning
4. Create and maintain supportive and safe learning environments
5. Assess, provide feedback and report on student learning
|NQA 1, 2, 3, 5, 6 & 7
EYLF/MTOP 1, 2, 4
|Professional Engagement||6. Engage in professional learning
7. Engage professionally with colleagues, parents/ carers, and the community
|NQA 1, 4, 5, 6, 7
EYLF/MTOP 1, 4
Want to know more?
- Email us [email protected]
- Contact us on 1300 66 11 64