Exploring Play (2 hours)
Play is a large part of the early childhood curriculum. This topic will highlight the importance of play and its role in child development. It explores the ways educators can support social development through play and create environments that encourage children to engage in a variety of play experiences. Common difficulties encountered in children’s play will be discussed to explore positive ways of addressing these issues and fostering development of life skills.
- Identify the importance of children’s play
- Identify how play can promote behaviours and socialisation
- Identify how to set up age appropriate play spaces to encourage children’s play skills
Links to NQS: QA1 and QA3
Want to know more?
- Email us [email protected]
- Contact us on 1300 66 11 64