Encouraging Empathy in Children (2 hours)
Being able to relate and put oneself in someone else’s shoes promotes lifelong skills for good relationships. The cultivation of children’s ability to value others and their perspectives can prevent bullying and teasing during childhood. Empathetic skills stretch into adult life as an important element for professional success. This workshop aimed at both practitioners as well parents guides you to the why but also how to support empathy and kindness in children.
- Why Empathy
- How children learn social skills
- Expanding the child’s circle of concern
- Modelling techniques for empathy and kindness
Links to NQS: QA1 and QA5
Want to know more?
- Email us [email protected]
- Contact us on 1300 66 11 64