Child Australia’s online courses offer an expanding digital library of online self-paced courses. These courses suit: educational institutions, schools, child care settings and parents. Our self-paced courses are completed within your own time! You may participate and work through the materials in the way that best suits you and your lifestyle. There is a peer-to-peer chat cafe to extend and share your knowledge and minor review questions to complete the course and embed learning. A Certificate of Achievement is awarded on completion of each course.
The Enabling Environments and Risk Assessment Online Self-paced Course aims to increase an awareness of professionalism and engaging interactions in regard to ethics, responsibilities and the Early childhood code of conduct. Also covered in this unit is how to critically analyse policy, practice and expectations of your service regarding the National quality framework, Australian Professional teaching standards and Early years learning framework which affect families, educators and children. Using practical strategies for proactive communication and relationships, students are encouraged to discuss and design inclusive enabling environments and develop and use risk assessment techniques.
Links to the Early Years Learning Framework
Outcome 1: Children have a strong sense of identity
Outcome 2: Children are connected with and contribute to their world
Outcome 3: Children have a strong sense of wellbeing
Outcome 4: Children are confident and involved learners
Links to the Quality Areas
- To Increase an awareness of professionalism in relation to The Early Childhood code of conduct.
- Critically analyse policy, practice and expectations of your service in regard to the National Quality Framework, Australian Teaching Standards and Early Years Learning Framework which affect Families, Children and Staff.
- Use practical strategies for proactive communication and relationships
- Discuss and design Inclusive enabling environments
- Develop and use risk assessment techniques.
|Domains of Teaching||Standards||Link to NQF, EYLF and MTOP|
|Professional Knowledge||1. Know students and how they learn
2. Know the content and how to teach it
|NQA 1, 3, 5, 6
EYLF/MTOP 1, 3
|Professional Practice||3. Plan for and implement effective teaching and learning
4. Create and maintain supportive and safe learning environments
5. Assess, provide feedback and report on student learning
|NQA 1, 2, 3, 5, 6 & 7
EYLF/MTOP 1, 2, 4
|Professional Engagement||6. Engage in professional learning
7. Engage professionally with colleagues, parents/ carers, and the community
|NQA 1, 4, 5, 6, 7
EYLF/MTOP 1, 4