Enabling Environments and Risk Assessment ($90 per hour)
The topic for writing purposes, encompasses completing either both modules of infants (0-18 months) and toddlers (18 months-2 ½ years) OR young children (2 ½-4 years) out of school hours care (4-12 years). We are aware that children are unique and have differing abilities, and develop at differing rates of development and learning. This may be context specific and varies between children (e.g. social dispositions may develop at a greater rate if given opportunities to have supported risk taking). In fact, many educators would argue that an integrated approach from 0-3 years, 3-6 years and 6-12 years (Rinaldi, 2013) are more credible developmental blocks to allow for a continuum of learning at any one time and place. Grouping of children will differ depending upon your education and or care environment.
- To Increase an awareness of professionalism in relation to The Early Childhood code of conduct.
- Critically analyse policy, practice and expectations of your service in regard to the National Quality Framework, Australian Teaching Standards and Early Years Learning Framework which affect Families, Children and Staff.
- Use practical strategies for proactive communication and relationships
- Discuss and design Inclusive enabling environments
- Develop and use risk assessment techniques.
Links to the National Quality Standard
|Domains of Teaching||Standards||Link to NQF, EYLF and MTOP|
|Professional Knowledge||1. Know students and how they learn
2. Know the content and how to teach it
|NQA 1, 3, 5, 6
EYLF/MTOP 1, 3
|Professional Practice||3. Plan for and implement effective teaching and learning
4. Create and maintain supportive and safe learning environments
5. Assess, provide feedback and report on student learning
|NQA 1, 2, 3, 5, 6 & 7
EYLF/MTOP 1, 2, 4
|Professional Engagement||6. Engage in professional learning
7. Engage professionally with colleagues, parents/ carers, and the community
|NQA 1, 4, 5, 6, 7
EYLF/MTOP 1, 4
Want to know more?
- Email us [email protected]
- Contact us on 1300 66 11 64