Developing Cultural Competence (2 hours)
Culture is an often mistaken for ethnicity. Culture in fact is much wider by definition, including ideas, customs and social behaviour of a group in society. Join us in this session to appreciate the depth of culture and how it is seen through the eyes of children. Learn about the merits of holistic approaches and how designing learning environments and programs that encourage cultural identify and inclusive practices can benefits a child’s developing understanding of our world.
- The true meaning of culture
- Communication tips for being culturally aware
- How holistic approaches breed an inclusive learning environment
Links to NQS: QA1 and QA6
Want to know more?
- Email us [email protected]
- Contact us on 1300 66 11 64