Our Events Calendar is bursting with Professional Practitioner Learning Opportunities and Parenting Focused Events.
FORUM SERIES: Day 3 Educational Leader Development Series – Belmont W.A
September 14, 2017 @ 9:00 am - 4:00 pm WST| $198.00
Day 3 Group Sessions 7 – 8
Thursday 14th September 9 am – 4 pm
Suitable for: Education and Care Sector, Educational Leaders.
This series of forums focuses attention on the development of Educational Leaders in their endeavour to motivate, lead and inspire educators in pedagogical practice. If you are new to the role of Educational Leader or trying to create a better understanding of what your role entails this series is for you.
Many Educational Leaders struggle to achieve these outcomes due to myths within the sector as to exactly what responsibilities the role has and miss the importance of a collegial approach. By its own definition the role is about Leading Education but the question remains how?
Join us in these 8 workshops for a comprehensive suite of knowledge development or just attend one which catches your attention the choice is yours.
Developed by Educational Leaders for Educational Leaders you will find a hands on approach to Educational Leader practice. Not only will you walk away with a clearer understanding on what the role involves and how to do it, but also included is a comprehensive workbook resource supplied at each session.
Session 7: Preparing for Assessment & Rating
- Learning from your current assessment and rating report.
- The process and the educational leader’s role during the assessment.
- Preparing and collating practice evidence.
- Supporting educators for the assessment day.
- Communicating with the assessor.
- What makes a quality assessment and why.
Session 8: Looking at your Journey of Change and Reflection
- Best practice.
- Developing and sharing the vision of pedagogical improvement.
- Preparing your team for change.
- Monitoring and adjusting the journey of change.
|Domains of Teaching||Standards||Link to NQF|
|Professional Knowledge||1. Know students and how they learn
2. Know the content and how to teach it
|NQA 1, 3, 5, 6|
|Professional Practice||3. Plan for and implement effective teaching and learning
4. Create and maintain supportive and safe learning environments
5. Assess, provide feedback and report on student learning
|NQA 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 & 7|
|Professional Engagement||6. Engage in professional learning
7. Engage professionally with colleagues, parents/ carers, and the community
|NQA 1, 4, 5, 6, 7|