Our Events Calendar is bursting with Professional Practitioner Learning Opportunities and Parenting Focused Events.
Embarking on New Adventures – Supporting Children Facing Change
February 27 @ 9:30 am - 3:30 pm WST| $149
Embarking on New Adventures: Supporting Children Facing Change – February Forum
Educators, how would you support a child sobbing for hours as they separate from family? What would you do if a child is so uncomfortable with the routine, they refuse to come to lunch? How would you support a child who becomes aggressive when wanting to play with others?
If you are unsure how to support children in these scenarios, then this forum is for you!
Educators working with young children have a vital role in ensuring that each child feels a strong sense of belonging and wellbeing. Whether the child is beginning care, changing rooms, moving on to formal schooling or facing other new adventures, change can be difficult.
What skills will help each child cope with the changes they face in their early years? What skills and attributes will support the child as they progress through their school years and beyond?
This forum will arm educators with the knowledge and strategies they need to support children as they learn life skills such as resilience, self-regulation, building positive relationships and emotional intelligence to create a firm foundation for a healthy and fulfilling future.
Session 1: Building Resilience, Self-Regulation and School Readiness
- Discover what ‘School Readiness’ really means
- Define resilience and discuss strategies to help children develop their resilience
- Learn how self-regulation impacts child development now and in the future
Session 2: Never Underestimate the Power of RELATIONSHIPS
- Explore the importance of relationships in all aspects of educator practice
- Develop a passion for partnering with families
- Discuss ideas for supporting children to develop empathy and kindness towards others
Session 3: Careful Planning of Transitions, Routines and Room Moves
- Discuss what following a child’s individual routine really looks like in the busy care environment
- Discover strategies for continuity of care through transitions and room moves
- Develop strategies for supporting a child’s transition from care to school
Session 4: Supporting Children with Anxiety
- Learn why some children find change more stressful than others
- Discuss strategies for supporting children with anxiety